Published 6 November 2009 by BWL
Danish psychedelic pop group Oh No Ono release their first single for The Leaf Label this week, in the form of an audio and video download bundle, exclusive to iTunes (you can also get the song only from the Leaf shop). 'Swim' is taken from the band's forthcoming album Eggs, which will be released in February 2010.
You can watch the deliciously dark video for 'Swim' on our Youtube and Vimeo pages (links below). The clip was made by Danish director Adam Hashemi, who has perfectly harnessed the eerie, unsettling feel of the song to an unforgettable video. The video topped Pitchfork.tv's most viewed videos for several weeks this summer.
"The video is loosely based on my very first childhood experience, when I was three," explains Hashemi. "I witnessed a nurse die of a heart attack. However, I used that idea in a different context. It's about your first sexual experience as a child, and the shame that comes with it. Also, I set out to explore the subject of sex related to death, and how they, for unknown reasons, seem to go hand in hand."
Oh No Ono are a five-piece from the Danish town of Aalborg. Their music is intricate and otherworldly, and their individuality and originality has made them pop stars in their homeland. Eggs is set to receive a worldwide release in 2010 (on Morningside Records in Denmark, Friendly Fire Recordings in North America and The Leaf Label in the rest of the world) and they will be touring extensively next year.
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums soundtrack Fortitude TV drama
- Radioland: Kraftwerk's Radio-Activity Revisited
- Polar Bear album reissues
- Polar Bear - Mercury Prize, tour & 6 Music mix
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums – Rhythm album stream
- Matthew Bourne at Leeds International Film Festival
- Melt Yourself Down - That's Life mixtape
- Jamie Cullum champions Polar Bear
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums - Keep Some Hope
- Polar Bear with Jin Jin - Cuckoo
- Polar Bear announce special one-off London show in October
- Jherek Bischoff - Kickstarter campaign
- Watch: Polar Bear live video
- 20th anniversary vinyl reissues
- Polar Bear - Mercury Music Prize 2014
Held On The Tips Of Fingers
Wildbirds & Peacedrums
Wildbirds & Peacedrums
Keep Some Hope
Cuckoo (with Jin Jin)
Subscribe to News as an RSS Feed.