Published 8 July 2010 by BWL
Wigan songstress Nancy Elizabeth has announced that she will play two shows with her full band, alongside Homelife and Denis Jones. The first takes place in Manchester, the home town of all three artists, on September 9, with the second instalment taking place at London's King's Place Festival on September 12.
Homelife is Paddy Steer and Tony Burnside, and the duo released their latest album Exotic Interlude in 2009. Steer has regularly played in Nancy Elizabeth's band (and vice versa) and remixed last year's 'Feet Of Courage' single. Denis Jones, like Nancy, hails from Wigan, and his idiosyncratic performances have been a fixture of the north west's live music scene for several years.
An EP of specially recorded cover versions and remixes by the artists involved will be released by Manchester's Humble Soul Records to coincide with the dates.
Thursday 9 September - Band On The Wall, Manchester, UK (with Homelife & Denis Jones)
Sunday 12 September - Kings Place Festival, London, UK (with Homelife & Denis Jones)
- Polar Bear - new single and album
- New Leaf imprint Bias signs Vessels
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums soundtrack Fortitude TV drama
- Radioland: Kraftwerk's Radio-Activity Revisited
- Polar Bear album reissues
- Polar Bear - Mercury Prize, tour & 6 Music mix
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums – Rhythm album stream
- Matthew Bourne at Leeds International Film Festival
- Melt Yourself Down - That's Life mixtape
- Jamie Cullum champions Polar Bear
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums - Keep Some Hope
- Polar Bear with Jin Jin - Cuckoo
- Polar Bear announce special one-off London show in October
- Jherek Bischoff - Kickstarter campaign
- Watch: Polar Bear live video
Same As You
Dont Let The Feeling Go
Held On The Tips Of Fingers
Wildbirds & Peacedrums
Subscribe to News as an RSS Feed.