Published 1 September 2011 by BWL
Polar Bear's Seb Rochford has been selected to curate a special five-day festival of music at The Vortex, running from October 5-9. Taking its cue from John Zorn's programming at The Stone, every year The Vortex will be inviting artists to curate a season exploring their creative interests and influences.
Kicking off proceedings on Wednesday 5 will be a double bill from Sukhvinder Singh Namdhari, an Indian tabla player, and improviser and drummer Mark Sanders, followed on the Thursday by duo Kit Downes and Seb Rochford. Friday and Saturday explore Rochford's love of hiphop with an all-star line up featuring Jehst, Young Fresh and MC Mikill Pane. For the final night, Seb has selected two internationally-acclaimed musicians, Ranjana Ghatak and Zoe Rahman for a double bill which will explore many genres from jazz to south Asian classical. For more information and to purchase tickets please visit The Vortex website.
Seb will also be performing with Polar Bear's balloon master Leafcutter John and others as part of Rhythm Of Strings on September 11 at The Village Underground, London. The project, which debuted earlier this year, is a unique collaboration experimenting with percussion, guitar, strings and electronics.
- Dearly Beloved...
- Matthew Bourne at The Great Escape
- Melt Yourself Down - Jump The Fire video
- New Jherek Bischoff album Cistern
- The Comet Is Coming to Village Underground
- Melt Yourself Down - Last Evenings On Earth out today
- Matthew Bourne interview and mixtape
- Melt Yourself Down - BBC 6 Music Lauren Laverne session
- Jherek Bischoff at the BBC Proms
- The Comet Is Coming - Channel The Spirits album stream
- Melt Yourself Down - The God Of You video
- The Comet Is Coming - 'Space Carnival' video
- Matthew Bourne - 'On Rivock Edge' video + moogmemory album stream
- Melt Yourself Down - new album + single
- The Leaf Label inspects the Freakier Zone
Melt Yourself Down
Last Evenings On Earth
The Comet Is Coming
Channel The Spirits
Melt Yourself Down
Dot To Dot
Subscribe to News as an RSS Feed.