Published 1 September 2011 by BWL
Polar Bear's Seb Rochford has been selected to curate a special five-day festival of music at The Vortex, running from October 5-9. Taking its cue from John Zorn's programming at The Stone, every year The Vortex will be inviting artists to curate a season exploring their creative interests and influences.
Kicking off proceedings on Wednesday 5 will be a double bill from Sukhvinder Singh Namdhari, an Indian tabla player, and improviser and drummer Mark Sanders, followed on the Thursday by duo Kit Downes and Seb Rochford. Friday and Saturday explore Rochford's love of hiphop with an all-star line up featuring Jehst, Young Fresh and MC Mikill Pane. For the final night, Seb has selected two internationally-acclaimed musicians, Ranjana Ghatak and Zoe Rahman for a double bill which will explore many genres from jazz to south Asian classical. For more information and to purchase tickets please visit The Vortex website.
Seb will also be performing with Polar Bear's balloon master Leafcutter John and others as part of Rhythm Of Strings on September 11 at The Village Underground, London. The project, which debuted earlier this year, is a unique collaboration experimenting with percussion, guitar, strings and electronics.
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums soundtrack Apple Music launch
- Polar Bear nominated for the Jazz FM Awards
- The Leaf Label at The Independent Label Market
- Polar Bear - Same As You album stream
- Polar Bear - new single and album
- New Leaf imprint Bias signs Vessels
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums soundtrack Fortitude TV drama
- Radioland: Kraftwerk's Radio-Activity Revisited
- Polar Bear album reissues
- Polar Bear - Mercury Prize, tour & 6 Music mix
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums – Rhythm album stream
- Matthew Bourne at Leeds International Film Festival
- Melt Yourself Down - That's Life mixtape
- Jamie Cullum champions Polar Bear
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums - Keep Some Hope
Same As You
Dont Let The Feeling Go
Held On The Tips Of Fingers
Wildbirds & Peacedrums
Subscribe to News as an RSS Feed.