Published 14 September 2012 by BWL
Sebastian Rochford's Polar Bear return to the fray this winter, with their first full London show since August 2011, and appearances in Bristol and Gateshead. These gigs will be the first opportunity to hear brand new material that will be recorded for the group’s fifth album, scheduled for release in 2013.
The London-based jazz group will play a special show at Rich Mix in Shoreditch on December 15, with guests and DJs to be announced. Before then, the quintet play at Bristol Jam festival along with Hauschka (ft. Samuli Kosminen) on November 7 and a double-header with the Jack DeJohnette Group at The Sage in Gateshead on November 21. See all shows here.
As you may have noticed, in Polar Bear's absence Rochford has not exactly been twiddling his thumbs. As well as his collaborative singles club on Leaf, Days And Nights At The Takeaway, which has seen the involvement of the likes of LV, Micachu and Jehst, Rochford has been busy with numerous projects, including the recent Africa Express tour with Malian singer Rokia Traoré, Andy Sheppard's Trio Libero, Shabaka Hutching's Sons Of Kemet, a duo with Kit Downes, and Open Souls with Ranjana Ghatak and Jason Singh. He’s also been honing his production skills, including an EP with Hackney rapper Mikill Pane.
- Record Store Day 2017
- Introducing Snapped Ankles
- The Comet Is Coming tour
- Leaf 20 box set and white vinyl reissues
- The Comet Is Coming - Final Eclipse
- The Comet Is Coming in session via Boiler Room
- The Comet Is Coming - Journey Through The Asteroid Belt (LV Remix)
- Melt Yourself Down - new mixtape
- Matthew Bourne - moogmemory plus
- Melt Yourself Down tour
- Matthew Bourne videos
- Jherek Bischoff - Cistern video
- The Comet Is Coming - Special "Hyperdrive" edition
- The Comet Is Coming - Mercury Music Prize
- AIM Independent Music Awards 2016 nominations
The Comet Is Coming
Death To The Planet
I Want My Minutes Back
The Comet Is Coming
moogmemory plus EP
Melt Yourself Down
Last Evenings On Earth
Subscribe to News as an RSS Feed.