Published 14 September 2012 by BWL
Sebastian Rochford's Polar Bear return to the fray this winter, with their first full London show since August 2011, and appearances in Bristol and Gateshead. These gigs will be the first opportunity to hear brand new material that will be recorded for the group’s fifth album, scheduled for release in 2013.
The London-based jazz group will play a special show at Rich Mix in Shoreditch on December 15, with guests and DJs to be announced. Before then, the quintet play at Bristol Jam festival along with Hauschka (ft. Samuli Kosminen) on November 7 and a double-header with the Jack DeJohnette Group at The Sage in Gateshead on November 21. See all shows here.
As you may have noticed, in Polar Bear's absence Rochford has not exactly been twiddling his thumbs. As well as his collaborative singles club on Leaf, Days And Nights At The Takeaway, which has seen the involvement of the likes of LV, Micachu and Jehst, Rochford has been busy with numerous projects, including the recent Africa Express tour with Malian singer Rokia Traoré, Andy Sheppard's Trio Libero, Shabaka Hutching's Sons Of Kemet, a duo with Kit Downes, and Open Souls with Ranjana Ghatak and Jason Singh. He’s also been honing his production skills, including an EP with Hackney rapper Mikill Pane.
- The Leaf Label at The Independent Label Market
- Polar Bear - Same As You album stream
- Polar Bear - new single and album
- New Leaf imprint Bias signs Vessels
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums soundtrack Fortitude TV drama
- Radioland: Kraftwerk's Radio-Activity Revisited
- Polar Bear album reissues
- Polar Bear - Mercury Prize, tour & 6 Music mix
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums – Rhythm album stream
- Matthew Bourne at Leeds International Film Festival
- Melt Yourself Down - That's Life mixtape
- Jamie Cullum champions Polar Bear
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums - Keep Some Hope
- Polar Bear with Jin Jin - Cuckoo
- Polar Bear announce special one-off London show in October
Same As You
Dont Let The Feeling Go
Held On The Tips Of Fingers
Wildbirds & Peacedrums
Subscribe to News as an RSS Feed.