Published 14 September 2012 by BWL
Sebastian Rochford's Polar Bear return to the fray this winter, with their first full London show since August 2011, and appearances in Bristol and Gateshead. These gigs will be the first opportunity to hear brand new material that will be recorded for the group’s fifth album, scheduled for release in 2013.
The London-based jazz group will play a special show at Rich Mix in Shoreditch on December 15, with guests and DJs to be announced. Before then, the quintet play at Bristol Jam festival along with Hauschka (ft. Samuli Kosminen) on November 7 and a double-header with the Jack DeJohnette Group at The Sage in Gateshead on November 21. See all shows here.
As you may have noticed, in Polar Bear's absence Rochford has not exactly been twiddling his thumbs. As well as his collaborative singles club on Leaf, Days And Nights At The Takeaway, which has seen the involvement of the likes of LV, Micachu and Jehst, Rochford has been busy with numerous projects, including the recent Africa Express tour with Malian singer Rokia Traoré, Andy Sheppard's Trio Libero, Shabaka Hutching's Sons Of Kemet, a duo with Kit Downes, and Open Souls with Ranjana Ghatak and Jason Singh. He’s also been honing his production skills, including an EP with Hackney rapper Mikill Pane.
- Independent Label Market, London
- The Comet Is Coming to XOYO
- Jherek Bischoff - Automatism video + Midnight Moment
- Jherek Bischoff - Cistern album stream
- Melt Yourself Down - Another Weapon
- Jherek Bischoff + Amanda Palmer - The Courtyard Theatre, London
- Dearly Beloved...
- Matthew Bourne at The Great Escape
- Melt Yourself Down - Jump The Fire video
- New Jherek Bischoff album Cistern
- The Comet Is Coming to Village Underground
- Melt Yourself Down - Last Evenings On Earth out today
- Matthew Bourne interview and mixtape
- Melt Yourself Down - BBC 6 Music Lauren Laverne session
- Jherek Bischoff at the BBC Proms
Melt Yourself Down
Last Evenings On Earth
The Comet Is Coming
Channel The Spirits
Melt Yourself Down
Dot To Dot
Subscribe to News as an RSS Feed.