Published 26 April 2013 by TM
It’s been brought to our attention that a number of black vinyl copies of Caribou's Up In Flames were erroneously shipped out to UK shops for Record Store Day last weekend, instead of the promised flamed red vinyl LPs (which are actually more flamed orange if truth be told, but that's another story!).
If you purchased a black vinyl copy in error and would like to exchange it for a red copy, please return it as soon as possible to the store from which you purchased it (with your receipt), and they will be able to order you a replacement copy through our UK distributor, SRD. Please note that we can only accept returned copies in mint, unplayed condition, although it’s OK if the shrinkwrap has been unsealed.
We can’t guarantee that the remaining red vinyl copies will be around for very long, so you are advised to make the exchange as soon as you can.
It seems there was some confusion about which version of the record customers were buying on Saturday. If you haven’t opened your LP, the only way to distinguish between the two versions is by the different stickers attached to the covers.
The black vinyl sticker states:
CARIBOU UP IN FLAMES
Dan Snaith’s breakthrough second album, originally released as Manitoba in 2003. Out of print for years, the LP is now available for the first time under the Caribou name, to celebrate the 10th anniversary of its original release. Includes CD of the album.
The red vinyl version states:
CARIBOU UP IN FLAMES
Dan Snaith’s breakthrough second album, originally released as Manitoba in 2003. Out of print for years, the LP is now available for the first time under the Caribou name, to celebrate the 10th anniversary of its original release. Strict limited edition of 600 copies on red flamed vinyl for Record Store Day 2013. Also includes CD of the album.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused, we hope you are united with your red vinyl soon!
- Polar Bear - new single and album
- New Leaf imprint Bias signs Vessels
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums soundtrack Fortitude TV drama
- Radioland: Kraftwerk's Radio-Activity Revisited
- Polar Bear album reissues
- Polar Bear - Mercury Prize, tour & 6 Music mix
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums – Rhythm album stream
- Matthew Bourne at Leeds International Film Festival
- Melt Yourself Down - That's Life mixtape
- Jamie Cullum champions Polar Bear
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums - Keep Some Hope
- Polar Bear with Jin Jin - Cuckoo
- Polar Bear announce special one-off London show in October
- Jherek Bischoff - Kickstarter campaign
- Watch: Polar Bear live video
Same As You
Dont Let The Feeling Go
Held On The Tips Of Fingers
Wildbirds & Peacedrums
Subscribe to News as an RSS Feed.