Published 5 March 2014 by DM
Melt Yourself Down’s debut album has finally landed in North America in physical form. The special edition CD is packaged in revised artwork with a hefty bonus disc, Live At The New Empowering Church, recorded at the group’s sold out London show at the tail end of last year. It captures the band in their natural sweat-drenched environment; wild eyes, call and response vocals and an audience whipped into frenzy. Listen carefully and you can hear the bass player crowd-surfing.
We’ll be making a limited number of these 2CD editions for sale in our store soon. In the meantime you can order it from Insound and Midheaven in the States, and the original album from the usual download stores.
Hot on the heels of this release, the band will be making their first trip to the USA for SXSW and two shows in New York. [Please note that the previously announced Rough Trade NYC show has been moved to Baby's All Right in Brooklyn]
Keep an eye on the MYD Twitter for some SXSW surprises…
Saturday 15 March - British Music Embassy, Latitude 30, Austin, TX (5.30pm)
Saturday 15 March - SXSW, Icenhauer's, Austin, TX (midnight)
Monday 17 March - Pianos, New York, NY
Tuesday 18 March - Baby's All Right, Brooklyn, NY
Tuesday 18 March - Rough Trade, Brooklyn, NY (CANCELLED due to ongoing venue problems)
You can find all MYD's upcoming live shows here.
- A tribute to Susumu Yokota
- Susumu Yokota RIP
- Leaf At Festivals
- Polar Bear and James Holden in London
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums soundtrack Apple Music launch
- Polar Bear nominated for the Jazz FM Awards
- The Leaf Label at The Independent Label Market
- Polar Bear - Same As You album stream
- Polar Bear - new single and album
- New Leaf imprint Bias signs Vessels
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums soundtrack Fortitude TV drama
- Radioland: Kraftwerk's Radio-Activity Revisited
- Polar Bear album reissues
- Polar Bear - Mercury Prize, tour & 6 Music mix
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums – Rhythm album stream
My Energy EP
Same As You
Dont Let The Feeling Go
Held On The Tips Of Fingers
Subscribe to News as an RSS Feed.