Published 5 March 2014 by DM
Melt Yourself Down’s debut album has finally landed in North America in physical form. The special edition CD is packaged in revised artwork with a hefty bonus disc, Live At The New Empowering Church, recorded at the group’s sold out London show at the tail end of last year. It captures the band in their natural sweat-drenched environment; wild eyes, call and response vocals and an audience whipped into frenzy. Listen carefully and you can hear the bass player crowd-surfing.
We’ll be making a limited number of these 2CD editions for sale in our store soon. In the meantime you can order it from Insound and Midheaven in the States, and the original album from the usual download stores.
Hot on the heels of this release, the band will be making their first trip to the USA for SXSW and two shows in New York. [Please note that the previously announced Rough Trade NYC show has been moved to Baby's All Right in Brooklyn]
Keep an eye on the MYD Twitter for some SXSW surprises…
Saturday 15 March - British Music Embassy, Latitude 30, Austin, TX (5.30pm)
Saturday 15 March - SXSW, Icenhauer's, Austin, TX (midnight)
Monday 17 March - Pianos, New York, NY
Tuesday 18 March - Baby's All Right, Brooklyn, NY
Tuesday 18 March - Rough Trade, Brooklyn, NY (CANCELLED due to ongoing venue problems)
You can find all MYD's upcoming live shows here.
- Light at the end of the tunnel
- Melt Yourself Down - Dot To Dot (DJ Khalab remix)
- Radioland: Radio-Activity Revisited - Antenna video
- Leaf 20 production delay
- Julia Kent - Flag of No County video
- Matthew Bourne - moogmemory album and tour
- The Comet Is Coming at Trans Musicales
- Listen to Radioland: Radio-Activity Revisited
- Melt Yourself Down - Dot To Dot video
- The Comet Is Coming - Prophecy EP
- Melt Yourself Down - Dot To Dot
- Polar Bear - No More Goodbyes
- Roll The Dice score The Last Panthers
- Julia Kent - Asperities out today
- Leaf 20
The Comet Is Coming
Channel The Spirits
Melt Yourself Down
Dot To Dot
Martes + Utopía
Radioland: Radio-Activity Revisited
Subscribe to News as an RSS Feed.