Published 15 July 2014 by DM
One year on from the fireworks of their last London show, captured on their incendiary Record Store Day release Live At The New Empowering Church, Melt Yourself Down return to light the blue touch paper at Village Underground on November 5.
The bill will also feature Melt Yourself Down backing legendary no-wave New Yorker James Chance (The Contortions, James White And The Blacks), who wrote the song from which the band took their name. This will be the first James Chance appearance in the UK in over four years, and coincides with the 35th anniversary of the classic Contortions album Buy. This explosive collaboration was plotted as he joined MYD on stage in New York earlier this year.
After a busy summer whipping festivals across Europe into a fever, Melt Yourself Down will be heading into the studio to record their hotly anticipated second album. This show will be a chance to see the band at the top of their game and to experience new MYD material in all its loose limbed, sweat-drenched glory.
Don’t miss this one off meeting of detonated sax and furious post-punk minds.
Tickets go on sale at 9am on Thursday July 17. Go here for details.
James Chance photo by Braunov.
- Matthew Bourne - Candela (for Sascha Heeney)
- Record Store Day 2017
- Introducing Snapped Ankles
- The Comet Is Coming tour
- Leaf 20 box set and white vinyl reissues
- The Comet Is Coming - Final Eclipse
- The Comet Is Coming in session via Boiler Room
- The Comet Is Coming - Journey Through The Asteroid Belt (LV Remix)
- Melt Yourself Down - new mixtape
- Matthew Bourne - moogmemory plus
- Melt Yourself Down tour
- Matthew Bourne videos
- Jherek Bischoff - Cistern video
- The Comet Is Coming - Special "Hyperdrive" edition
- The Comet Is Coming - Mercury Music Prize
The Comet Is Coming
Death To The Planet
Candela (For Sascha Heeney)
I Want My Minutes Back
The Comet Is Coming
moogmemory plus EP
Subscribe to News as an RSS Feed.