Published 15 July 2014 by DM
One year on from the fireworks of their last London show, captured on their incendiary Record Store Day release Live At The New Empowering Church, Melt Yourself Down return to light the blue touch paper at Village Underground on November 5.
The bill will also feature Melt Yourself Down backing legendary no-wave New Yorker James Chance (The Contortions, James White And The Blacks), who wrote the song from which the band took their name. This will be the first James Chance appearance in the UK in over four years, and coincides with the 35th anniversary of the classic Contortions album Buy. This explosive collaboration was plotted as he joined MYD on stage in New York earlier this year.
After a busy summer whipping festivals across Europe into a fever, Melt Yourself Down will be heading into the studio to record their hotly anticipated second album. This show will be a chance to see the band at the top of their game and to experience new MYD material in all its loose limbed, sweat-drenched glory.
Don’t miss this one off meeting of detonated sax and furious post-punk minds.
Tickets go on sale at 9am on Thursday July 17. Go here for details.
James Chance photo by Braunov.
- The Comet Is Coming
- Radioland: Radio-Activity Revisited
- Polar Bear - MOBO Awards 2015
- Efterklang - Tripper vinyl reissue and Bandcamp
- Julia Kent - new album and video
- A tribute to Susumu Yokota
- Susumu Yokota RIP
- Leaf At Festivals
- Polar Bear and James Holden in London
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums soundtrack Apple Music launch
- Polar Bear nominated for the Jazz FM Awards
- The Leaf Label at The Independent Label Market
- Polar Bear - Same As You album stream
- Polar Bear - new single and album
- New Leaf imprint Bias signs Vessels
Radioland: Radio-Activity Revisited
The Comet Is Coming
My Energy EP
Same As You
Dont Let The Feeling Go
Subscribe to News as an RSS Feed.