Published 15 July 2014 by DM
One year on from the fireworks of their last London show, captured on their incendiary Record Store Day release Live At The New Empowering Church, Melt Yourself Down return to light the blue touch paper at Village Underground on November 5.
The bill will also feature Melt Yourself Down backing legendary no-wave New Yorker James Chance (The Contortions, James White And The Blacks), who wrote the song from which the band took their name. This will be the first James Chance appearance in the UK in over four years, and coincides with the 35th anniversary of the classic Contortions album Buy. This explosive collaboration was plotted as he joined MYD on stage in New York earlier this year.
After a busy summer whipping festivals across Europe into a fever, Melt Yourself Down will be heading into the studio to record their hotly anticipated second album. This show will be a chance to see the band at the top of their game and to experience new MYD material in all its loose limbed, sweat-drenched glory.
Don’t miss this one off meeting of detonated sax and furious post-punk minds.
Tickets go on sale at 9am on Thursday July 17. Go here for details.
James Chance photo by Braunov.
- Jherek Bischoff + Amanda Palmer - The Courtyard Theatre, London
- Dearly Beloved...
- Matthew Bourne at The Great Escape
- Melt Yourself Down - Jump The Fire video
- New Jherek Bischoff album Cistern
- The Comet Is Coming to Village Underground
- Melt Yourself Down - Last Evenings On Earth out today
- Matthew Bourne interview and mixtape
- Melt Yourself Down - BBC 6 Music Lauren Laverne session
- Jherek Bischoff at the BBC Proms
- The Comet Is Coming - Channel The Spirits album stream
- Melt Yourself Down - The God Of You video
- The Comet Is Coming - 'Space Carnival' video
- Matthew Bourne - 'On Rivock Edge' video + moogmemory album stream
- Melt Yourself Down - new album + single
Melt Yourself Down
Last Evenings On Earth
The Comet Is Coming
Channel The Spirits
Melt Yourself Down
Dot To Dot
Subscribe to News as an RSS Feed.