Published 24 April 2009 by BWL
We are delighted to announce that we will be working with celebrated Finnish electronic composer Vladislav Delay on his next album, currently scheduled for release in late summer 2009. The new album, which features contributions from Craig Armstrong and Lucio Capece, is a far more organic, live-sounding record than any of his previous work as Vladislav Delay, reflecting his renewed interest in jazz and acoustic performance.
Delay, real name Sasu Ripatti, is one of the most innovative and influential electronic musicians of the last two decades, and we at Leaf are committed fans of his hypnotic, intricate work. Ripatti also records as Luomo and Uusitalo, and his most recent release was a collaborative album with his partner Antye Greie, under the name AGF/Delay. His last album as Vladislav Delay was 2007's under-rated Whistleblower, which, like most of his recent releases, was on his own Huume Recordings imprint (including re-issues of the classic Multila and Anima albums, originally released by Chain Reaction and Mille Plateaux respectively).
Resident in Berlin for five years until 2008, Ripatti recently moved back to his home country, and now lives on a small island in the Baltic.
- Matthew Bourne - Candela (for Sascha Heeney)
- Record Store Day 2017
- Introducing Snapped Ankles
- The Comet Is Coming tour
- Leaf 20 box set and white vinyl reissues
- The Comet Is Coming - Final Eclipse
- The Comet Is Coming in session via Boiler Room
- The Comet Is Coming - Journey Through The Asteroid Belt (LV Remix)
- Melt Yourself Down - new mixtape
- Matthew Bourne - moogmemory plus
- Melt Yourself Down tour
- Matthew Bourne videos
- Jherek Bischoff - Cistern video
- The Comet Is Coming - Special "Hyperdrive" edition
- The Comet Is Coming - Mercury Music Prize
The Comet Is Coming
Death To The Planet
Candela (For Sascha Heeney)
I Want My Minutes Back
The Comet Is Coming
moogmemory plus EP
Subscribe to News as an RSS Feed.