Published 24 April 2009 by BWL
We are delighted to announce that we will be working with celebrated Finnish electronic composer Vladislav Delay on his next album, currently scheduled for release in late summer 2009. The new album, which features contributions from Craig Armstrong and Lucio Capece, is a far more organic, live-sounding record than any of his previous work as Vladislav Delay, reflecting his renewed interest in jazz and acoustic performance.
Delay, real name Sasu Ripatti, is one of the most innovative and influential electronic musicians of the last two decades, and we at Leaf are committed fans of his hypnotic, intricate work. Ripatti also records as Luomo and Uusitalo, and his most recent release was a collaborative album with his partner Antye Greie, under the name AGF/Delay. His last album as Vladislav Delay was 2007's under-rated Whistleblower, which, like most of his recent releases, was on his own Huume Recordings imprint (including re-issues of the classic Multila and Anima albums, originally released by Chain Reaction and Mille Plateaux respectively).
Resident in Berlin for five years until 2008, Ripatti recently moved back to his home country, and now lives on a small island in the Baltic.
- Dearly Beloved...
- Matthew Bourne at The Great Escape
- Melt Yourself Down - Jump The Fire video
- New Jherek Bischoff album Cistern
- The Comet Is Coming to Village Underground
- Melt Yourself Down - Last Evenings On Earth out today
- Matthew Bourne interview and mixtape
- Melt Yourself Down - BBC 6 Music Lauren Laverne session
- Jherek Bischoff at the BBC Proms
- The Comet Is Coming - Channel The Spirits album stream
- Melt Yourself Down - The God Of You video
- The Comet Is Coming - 'Space Carnival' video
- Matthew Bourne - 'On Rivock Edge' video + moogmemory album stream
- Melt Yourself Down - new album + single
- The Leaf Label inspects the Freakier Zone
Melt Yourself Down
Last Evenings On Earth
The Comet Is Coming
Channel The Spirits
Melt Yourself Down
Dot To Dot
Subscribe to News as an RSS Feed.