Published 18 December 2008 by BWL
In May 2008 Efterklang and fellow Danes Slaraffenland embarked on a North American jaunt under the banner The Danish Dynamite Tour. Halfway through the tour the bands got a call from back home: the newly established Sono Festival wanted to hear if Slaraffenland and Efterklang might be interested in making a special performance at the event. It was quickly decided that everyone would love to play in a band with two drummers and a lot of distorted guitars, so the offer was accepted.
The four songs on this free live download EP were recorded at the festival in Roedovre (a suburb of Copenhagen) on November 8 2008. This was the first and may also be the last concert by Slaraffenklang. The idea is simple and fun. Slaraffenklang is the mutant hybrid of Efterklang and Slaraffenland. There were 12 musicians on stage, and the songs performed were versions of songs by Efterklang and Slaraffenland. Sometimes just louder and heavier, and sometimes in new arrangements.
Danish Dynamite Live at Sono Festival 2008
1. Cutting Ice To Snow
3. Echo Wave
4. You Win
Recorded, mixed and mastered by Petter Samuelsson
- New Melt Yourself Down live video and live concert broadcast
- Matthew Bourne in Bonobo's Late Night Tales
- Listen to new Melt Yourself Down mixtape
- Polar Bear: spring tour and new album
- Listen to Jherek Bischoff concert on NPR
- Polar Bear release brand new, exclusive music on limited edition 10 inch vinyl
- Melt Yourself Down 'Camel' video and November dates
- We're hiring!
- Icy Demons' Griffin Rodriguez in hospital
- Matthew Bourne live in the UK
Subscribe to Blog as an RSS Feed.