Published 11 October 2013 by BWL
Polar Bear have completed the recordings for their forthcoming fifth album (to be released in spring 2014), and Sebastian Rochford is currently mixing the album in London. The group’s show at Bishopsgate Institute last week suggests that the new music is simultaneously more spaced out and more intense than anything they’ve released before.
The band have just made the first fruits of the sessions available in the form of a limited edition 10" single with hand-printed artwork. The two-track Black And White EP, features music that won't appear anywhere else (not on the new album, nor available digitally), and is Polar Bear's first new material in four years.
The band have pressed 500 white vinyl and 500 black vinyl records with handmade artwork, hand-numbered by Sebastian Rochford. The 10” is available only through Polar Bear's Bandcamp, at their live shows, and through Rough Trade Shops. The screen-printed artwork, by Craig Keenan, is available in five different colours, and you can find more info and order the record here (along with other previous Polar Bear releases).
If you want to get an idea of how it sounds, Seb has made some videos of the record playing on the band’s new YouTube channel.
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums update: Mariam The Believer and Fire!
- New Melt Yourself Down live video and live concert broadcast
- Matthew Bourne in Bonobo's Late Night Tales
- Listen to new Melt Yourself Down mixtape
- Polar Bear: spring tour and new album
- Listen to Jherek Bischoff concert on NPR
- Polar Bear release brand new, exclusive music on limited edition 10 inch vinyl
- Melt Yourself Down 'Camel' video and November dates
- We're hiring!
- Icy Demons' Griffin Rodriguez in hospital
Subscribe to Blog as an RSS Feed.