Published 11 November 2008 by TM
Murcof's new album, The Versailles Sessions, is available now (vinyl orders from our store come with a free poster while stocks last and a free download of the album).
The album goes on general sale on December 1, but you can also buy the album now, three weeks ahead of the official date, from Coalition independent record stores in the UK. You can find your nearest store here.
All Murcof's previous CD releases are available at a special price for a limited time from our store and the Coalition shops.
Recorded in 2007 as a site-specific commission for Les Grandes Eaux Nocturnes, an annual festival of sound, light and water at Château de Versailles in France. The six compositions derive entirely from recordings of 17th century baroque instruments (including harpsichord, viola da gamba, flute and violin) and a mezzo soprano, made for the project at Studio GetSound in Paris.
Also newly released (on Blue Note) is a collaboration between Murcof and Eric Truffaz. The project, entitled Mexico, is part of trio of collaborative releases themed on cities, the other two being Paris and Benares.
These releases coincide with with Murcof’s first ever full UK tour, in which Fernando Corona will present a newly composed work, entitled Océano, in collaboration with Spanish classical ensemble BCN216 and visual sculptor Flicker.
- Melt Yourself Down North American album release
- Julia Kent European Dates
- Polar Bear 'Be Free' single and video
- Melt Yourself Down in the USA
- Polar Bear - In Each And Every One album pre-order
- Essie Jain - Film Screening and Performance
- Efterklang - The Last Concert
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums update: Mariam The Believer and Fire!
- New Melt Yourself Down live video and live concert broadcast
- Matthew Bourne in Bonobo's Late Night Tales
Subscribe to Blog as an RSS Feed.