Published 14 June 2012 by BWL
Earlier this year, Jherek Bischoff launched the ''Composed'' project at New York's Ecstatic Music Festival. Many of the guests who feature on the album made appearances at the show, including David Byrne. We've just released a rather wonderful video of Byrne singing 'Eyes' with Jherek and the Wordless Music Orchestra which you can see above (or Vimeo).
Jherek, aided by a handpicked string quartet, has been confirmed as support for Amanda Palmer on various shows in Europe and the USA. He's also performing at the shows as part of Amanda's Grand Theft Orchestra. All the dates are listed below.
Jherek will also give a separate SECRET headline show with the quartet in London this coming Tuesday (June 19). It will be an early show, with Jherek onstage around 7pm. We can't give you any more info about the show until Tuesday, when it will be made public, but keep your eyes on Jherek's Twitter for more details.
Jherek will play music from his brand new album Composed at the shows.
Thu 14 Jun 2012
Roter Salon, Berlin, GERMANY
Mon 18 Jun 2012 Village Underground, London, UK
Tue 19 Jun 2012 Secret show, London, UK
Wed 20 Jun 2012 Village Underground, London, UK
Wed 27 Jun 2012 Music Hall of Williamsburg, Brooklyn, NY, USA
Thu 28 Jun 2012 Momenta Art, Brooklyn, NY, USA
Thu 12 Jul 2012 Public Works, San Francisco, USA
Fri 13 Jul 2012 Public Works, San Francisco, USA
Wed 18 Jul 2012 The Roxy, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Thu 19 Jul 2012 Pop Tart Gallery, Los Angeles, USA
Wed 1 Aug 2012 The Middle East, Boston, MA, USA
Thu 2 Aug 2012 The Middle East, Boston, MA, USA
- Melt Yourself Down on Later… this week
- Stream Nancy Elizabeth's Dancing in full
- Colleen: new album, tour and bundle
- New Nancy Elizabeth single and show
- Caribou - Up In Flames reissue - the fallout...
- Melt Yourself Down BBC 6 Music session, new shows
- Melt Yourself Down release new video, 12 inch
- Julia Kent releases new video and European tour dates
- Nancy Elizabeth album pre-order and shows
- Jherek Bischoff tours with Amanda Palmer and speaks to NPR
Subscribe to Blog as an RSS Feed.