Published 24 June 2010 by BWL
Fernando Corona (aka Murcof) makes his first UK appearances in well over a year when he returns in October and November for four shows with Luxembourgian (we checked, and that is the right word) virtuoso pianist/composer Francesco Tristano. The pair have collaborated on several occasions since 2007, with both now resident in Barcelona. The music performed will be entirely new and original.
Tristano is a rising star of the classical world. His adventures in electronic music circles began in 2007 with the release of his Not For Piano album, which was produced by Corona, and he has since worked with Carl Craig and Moritz von Oswald. He also performs with Rami Khalifé and Aymeric Westrich as Aufgang.
The London show takes place at the Southbank's Queen Elizabeth Hall as part of the London Jazz Festival on November 16.
Thursday 14 October - Howard Assembly Room, LEEDS
Friday 15 October - Le Weekend, STIRLING
Monday 15 November - Band On The Wall, MANCHESTER
Tuesday 16 November - London Jazz Festival, Queen Elizabeth Hall, LONDON
Before these shows in the autumn, Corona makes several appearances in Europe and USA, including collaborations with Erik Truffaz, MM dance company and AntiVJ . See all of his live shows here.
- Independent Label Market, London
- The Comet Is Coming to XOYO
- Jherek Bischoff - Automatism video + Midnight Moment
- Jherek Bischoff - Cistern album stream
- Melt Yourself Down - Another Weapon
- Jherek Bischoff + Amanda Palmer - The Courtyard Theatre, London
- Dearly Beloved...
- Matthew Bourne at The Great Escape
- Melt Yourself Down - Jump The Fire video
- New Jherek Bischoff album Cistern
- The Comet Is Coming to Village Underground
- Melt Yourself Down - Last Evenings On Earth out today
- Matthew Bourne interview and mixtape
- Melt Yourself Down - BBC 6 Music Lauren Laverne session
- Jherek Bischoff at the BBC Proms
Melt Yourself Down
Last Evenings On Earth
The Comet Is Coming
Channel The Spirits
Melt Yourself Down
Dot To Dot
Subscribe to News as an RSS Feed.