Published 24 June 2010 by BWL
Fernando Corona (aka Murcof) makes his first UK appearances in well over a year when he returns in October and November for four shows with Luxembourgian (we checked, and that is the right word) virtuoso pianist/composer Francesco Tristano. The pair have collaborated on several occasions since 2007, with both now resident in Barcelona. The music performed will be entirely new and original.
Tristano is a rising star of the classical world. His adventures in electronic music circles began in 2007 with the release of his Not For Piano album, which was produced by Corona, and he has since worked with Carl Craig and Moritz von Oswald. He also performs with Rami Khalifé and Aymeric Westrich as Aufgang.
The London show takes place at the Southbank's Queen Elizabeth Hall as part of the London Jazz Festival on November 16.
Thursday 14 October - Howard Assembly Room, LEEDS
Friday 15 October - Le Weekend, STIRLING
Monday 15 November - Band On The Wall, MANCHESTER
Tuesday 16 November - London Jazz Festival, Queen Elizabeth Hall, LONDON
Before these shows in the autumn, Corona makes several appearances in Europe and USA, including collaborations with Erik Truffaz, MM dance company and AntiVJ . See all of his live shows here.
- The Comet Is Coming
- Radioland: Radio-Activity Revisited
- Polar Bear - MOBO Awards 2015
- Efterklang - Tripper vinyl reissue and Bandcamp
- Julia Kent - new album and video
- A tribute to Susumu Yokota
- Susumu Yokota RIP
- Leaf At Festivals
- Polar Bear and James Holden in London
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums soundtrack Apple Music launch
- Polar Bear nominated for the Jazz FM Awards
- The Leaf Label at The Independent Label Market
- Polar Bear - Same As You album stream
- Polar Bear - new single and album
- New Leaf imprint Bias signs Vessels
Radioland: Radio-Activity Revisited
The Comet Is Coming
My Energy EP
Same As You
Dont Let The Feeling Go
Subscribe to News as an RSS Feed.