Published 15 February 2011 by BWL
Wildbirds & Peacedrums have been invited to join the 'Congotronics vs Rockers' tour which travels across Europe and Japan from the end of June. The Swedish duo will be uniting with the members of Congolese bands Konono No. 1 and Kasai Allstars as well as Deerhoof, Juana Molina and Skeletons to form a collaborative ensemble, twenty musicians in total. Full story here.
The tour comes on the back of the brilliant compilation, Tradi-Mods vs Rockers: Alternative Takes on Congotronics, which was released at the tail-end of last year. The double album features 26 artists from rock and dance backgrounds paying tribute to the Congolese bands' music in the form of their own creative interpretations of their songs. Find out more about it here.
Meanwhile, Mariam and Andreas head down under soon for a tour of Australia followed by a set of dates in Europe. You can see all their shows on our live page.
- The Comet Is Coming - Channel The Spirits
- Strung Out In Heaven
- Light at the end of the tunnel
- Melt Yourself Down - Dot To Dot (DJ Khalab remix)
- Radioland: Radio-Activity Revisited - Antenna video
- Leaf 20 production delay
- Julia Kent - Flag of No Country video
- Matthew Bourne - moogmemory album and tour
- The Comet Is Coming at Trans Musicales
- Listen to Radioland: Radio-Activity Revisited
- Melt Yourself Down - Dot To Dot video
- The Comet Is Coming - Prophecy EP
- Melt Yourself Down - Dot To Dot
- Polar Bear - No More Goodbyes
- Roll The Dice score The Last Panthers
The Comet Is Coming
Channel The Spirits
Melt Yourself Down
Dot To Dot
Martes + Utopía
Radioland: Radio-Activity Revisited
Subscribe to News as an RSS Feed.