Published 15 February 2011 by BWL
Wildbirds & Peacedrums have been invited to join the 'Congotronics vs Rockers' tour which travels across Europe and Japan from the end of June. The Swedish duo will be uniting with the members of Congolese bands Konono No. 1 and Kasai Allstars as well as Deerhoof, Juana Molina and Skeletons to form a collaborative ensemble, twenty musicians in total. Full story here.
The tour comes on the back of the brilliant compilation, Tradi-Mods vs Rockers: Alternative Takes on Congotronics, which was released at the tail-end of last year. The double album features 26 artists from rock and dance backgrounds paying tribute to the Congolese bands' music in the form of their own creative interpretations of their songs. Find out more about it here.
Meanwhile, Mariam and Andreas head down under soon for a tour of Australia followed by a set of dates in Europe. You can see all their shows on our live page.
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums soundtrack Apple Music launch
- Polar Bear nominated for the Jazz FM Awards
- The Leaf Label at The Independent Label Market
- Polar Bear - Same As You album stream
- Polar Bear - new single and album
- New Leaf imprint Bias signs Vessels
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums soundtrack Fortitude TV drama
- Radioland: Kraftwerk's Radio-Activity Revisited
- Polar Bear album reissues
- Polar Bear - Mercury Prize, tour & 6 Music mix
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums – Rhythm album stream
- Matthew Bourne at Leeds International Film Festival
- Melt Yourself Down - That's Life mixtape
- Jamie Cullum champions Polar Bear
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums - Keep Some Hope
Same As You
Dont Let The Feeling Go
Held On The Tips Of Fingers
Wildbirds & Peacedrums
Subscribe to News as an RSS Feed.