Published 11 November 2008 by TM
Murcof's new album, The Versailles Sessions, is available now (vinyl orders from our store come with a free poster while stocks last and a free download of the album).
The album goes on general sale on December 1, but you can also buy the album now, three weeks ahead of the official date, from Coalition independent record stores in the UK. You can find your nearest store here.
All Murcof's previous CD releases are available at a special price for a limited time from our store and the Coalition shops.
Recorded in 2007 as a site-specific commission for Les Grandes Eaux Nocturnes, an annual festival of sound, light and water at Château de Versailles in France. The six compositions derive entirely from recordings of 17th century baroque instruments (including harpsichord, viola da gamba, flute and violin) and a mezzo soprano, made for the project at Studio GetSound in Paris.
Also newly released (on Blue Note) is a collaboration between Murcof and Eric Truffaz. The project, entitled Mexico, is part of trio of collaborative releases themed on cities, the other two being Paris and Benares.
These releases coincide with with Murcof’s first ever full UK tour, in which Fernando Corona will present a newly composed work, entitled Océano, in collaboration with Spanish classical ensemble BCN216 and visual sculptor Flicker.
- The Comet Is Coming - Start Running
- Matthew Bourne - Candela (for Sascha Heeney)
- Record Store Day 2017
- Introducing Snapped Ankles
- The Comet Is Coming tour
- Leaf 20 box set and white vinyl reissues
- The Comet Is Coming - Final Eclipse
- The Comet Is Coming in session via Boiler Room
- The Comet Is Coming - Journey Through The Asteroid Belt (LV Remix)
- Melt Yourself Down - new mixtape
- Matthew Bourne - moogmemory plus
- Melt Yourself Down tour
- Matthew Bourne videos
- Jherek Bischoff - Cistern video
- The Comet Is Coming - Special "Hyperdrive" edition
The Comet Is Coming
Death To The Planet
Candela (For Sascha Heeney)
I Want My Minutes Back
The Comet Is Coming
moogmemory plus EP
Subscribe to News as an RSS Feed.