Published 20 May 2011 by TM
Polar Bear and Jyager, who collaborated on last year's Common Ground mini-album, will now be known as Jyager Bear, to differentiate the project from the 'regular' Polar Bear band. In future, shows featuring Jyager will be billed as Jyager Bear, though there are a handful of gigs that were booked before the name change that may still appear as Polar Bear shows. Confused? We hope you won't be...
The Jyager Bear line-up will also feature saxophonist Shabaka Hutchings, playing alongside Pete Wareham. The current plan is that both Polar Bear and Jyager Bear will record new albums in the next year. In the mean time make sure you catch one of their shows over the summer (for details visit our live page).
The band recently recorded a session for The Selector, which you can find on Soundcloud.
For all your Polar Bear and Jyager Bear news, you can follow them on their new Twitter feed: @polarbear_uk. Seb still has his personal Twitter page: @polarbearseb for his other projects. Follow them both for all the news!
Don't forget that if you sign up to Polar Bear's mailing list you will receive an exclusive free Jyager Bear track, 'All Tha Time'.
In other Polar Bear-related news, drummer Sebastian Rochford releases a new album with theremin player Pamelia Kurstin on Slowfoot Records on June 13. You can pre-order the album here and listen to a track here.
- Julia Kent - new album and video
- A tribute to Susumu Yokota
- Susumu Yokota RIP
- Leaf At Festivals
- Polar Bear and James Holden in London
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums soundtrack Apple Music launch
- Polar Bear nominated for the Jazz FM Awards
- The Leaf Label at The Independent Label Market
- Polar Bear - Same As You album stream
- Polar Bear - new single and album
- New Leaf imprint Bias signs Vessels
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums soundtrack Fortitude TV drama
- Radioland: Kraftwerk's Radio-Activity Revisited
- Polar Bear album reissues
- Polar Bear - Mercury Prize, tour & 6 Music mix
My Energy EP
Same As You
Dont Let The Feeling Go
Held On The Tips Of Fingers
Subscribe to News as an RSS Feed.