Published 21 October 2011 by BWL
2011 is the 40th anniversary of our favourite local record store, Jumbo Records, which is quite an achievement. The Leeds-based shop asked us to compile a Leaf mixtape, which Tony put together this week, and we've lovingly hand-packaged the lot: 50 individually numbered CDRs that won't be available anywhere else. The mix takes in tracks from the last 13 years, going back as far as Susumu Yokota's first release on the label, and brings us right up to date with exclusive tracks from 2012 releases by Matthew Bourne, volcano! and another artist that we haven't even announced we're working with yet (and we're not going to tell you now!).
You will be able to get your hands on one of the CDs by popping into the shop on Saturday 22 October, or alternatively, a few will be made available through their website on Saturday morning. Don't sleep on this - they will be gone in the blink of an eye!
There will plenty more going on instore including live sessions with the likes of Corinne Bailey Rae, and a special anniversary beer! Find out more here.
- New Jherek Bischoff album Cistern
- The Comet Is Coming to Village Underground
- Melt Yourself Down - Last Evenings On Earth out today
- Matthew Bourne interview and mixtape
- Melt Yourself Down - BBC 6 Music Lauren Laverne session
- Jherek Bischoff at the BBC Proms
- The Comet Is Coming - Channel The Spirits album stream
- Melt Yourself Down - The God Of You video
- The Comet Is Coming - 'Space Carnival' video
- Matthew Bourne - 'On Rivock Edge' video + moogmemory album stream
- Melt Yourself Down - new album + single
- The Leaf Label inspects the Freakier Zone
- Matthew Bourne + Michael England: moogmemory tour trailer
- The Comet Is Coming - Channel The Spirits
- Strung Out In Heaven
Melt Yourself Down
Last Evenings On Earth
The Comet Is Coming
Channel The Spirits
Melt Yourself Down
Dot To Dot
Subscribe to News as an RSS Feed.