Published 21 October 2011 by BWL
2011 is the 40th anniversary of our favourite local record store, Jumbo Records, which is quite an achievement. The Leeds-based shop asked us to compile a Leaf mixtape, which Tony put together this week, and we've lovingly hand-packaged the lot: 50 individually numbered CDRs that won't be available anywhere else. The mix takes in tracks from the last 13 years, going back as far as Susumu Yokota's first release on the label, and brings us right up to date with exclusive tracks from 2012 releases by Matthew Bourne, volcano! and another artist that we haven't even announced we're working with yet (and we're not going to tell you now!).
You will be able to get your hands on one of the CDs by popping into the shop on Saturday 22 October, or alternatively, a few will be made available through their website on Saturday morning. Don't sleep on this - they will be gone in the blink of an eye!
There will plenty more going on instore including live sessions with the likes of Corinne Bailey Rae, and a special anniversary beer! Find out more here.
- The Comet Is Coming
- Radioland: Radio-Activity Revisited
- Polar Bear - MOBO Awards 2015
- Efterklang - Tripper vinyl reissue and Bandcamp
- Julia Kent - new album and video
- A tribute to Susumu Yokota
- Susumu Yokota RIP
- Leaf At Festivals
- Polar Bear and James Holden in London
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums soundtrack Apple Music launch
- Polar Bear nominated for the Jazz FM Awards
- The Leaf Label at The Independent Label Market
- Polar Bear - Same As You album stream
- Polar Bear - new single and album
- New Leaf imprint Bias signs Vessels
Radioland: Radio-Activity Revisited
The Comet Is Coming
My Energy EP
Same As You
Dont Let The Feeling Go
Subscribe to News as an RSS Feed.