Published 21 October 2011 by BWL
2011 is the 40th anniversary of our favourite local record store, Jumbo Records, which is quite an achievement. The Leeds-based shop asked us to compile a Leaf mixtape, which Tony put together this week, and we've lovingly hand-packaged the lot: 50 individually numbered CDRs that won't be available anywhere else. The mix takes in tracks from the last 13 years, going back as far as Susumu Yokota's first release on the label, and brings us right up to date with exclusive tracks from 2012 releases by Matthew Bourne, volcano! and another artist that we haven't even announced we're working with yet (and we're not going to tell you now!).
You will be able to get your hands on one of the CDs by popping into the shop on Saturday 22 October, or alternatively, a few will be made available through their website on Saturday morning. Don't sleep on this - they will be gone in the blink of an eye!
There will plenty more going on instore including live sessions with the likes of Corinne Bailey Rae, and a special anniversary beer! Find out more here.
- Light at the end of the tunnel
- Melt Yourself Down - Dot To Dot (DJ Khalab remix)
- Radioland: Radio-Activity Revisited - Antenna video
- Leaf 20 production delay
- Julia Kent - Flag of No County video
- Matthew Bourne - moogmemory album and tour
- The Comet Is Coming at Trans Musicales
- Listen to Radioland: Radio-Activity Revisited
- Melt Yourself Down - Dot To Dot video
- The Comet Is Coming - Prophecy EP
- Melt Yourself Down - Dot To Dot
- Polar Bear - No More Goodbyes
- Roll The Dice score The Last Panthers
- Julia Kent - Asperities out today
- Leaf 20
The Comet Is Coming
Channel The Spirits
Melt Yourself Down
Dot To Dot
Martes + Utopía
Radioland: Radio-Activity Revisited
Subscribe to News as an RSS Feed.