Published 21 October 2011 by BWL
2011 is the 40th anniversary of our favourite local record store, Jumbo Records, which is quite an achievement. The Leeds-based shop asked us to compile a Leaf mixtape, which Tony put together this week, and we've lovingly hand-packaged the lot: 50 individually numbered CDRs that won't be available anywhere else. The mix takes in tracks from the last 13 years, going back as far as Susumu Yokota's first release on the label, and brings us right up to date with exclusive tracks from 2012 releases by Matthew Bourne, volcano! and another artist that we haven't even announced we're working with yet (and we're not going to tell you now!).
You will be able to get your hands on one of the CDs by popping into the shop on Saturday 22 October, or alternatively, a few will be made available through their website on Saturday morning. Don't sleep on this - they will be gone in the blink of an eye!
There will plenty more going on instore including live sessions with the likes of Corinne Bailey Rae, and a special anniversary beer! Find out more here.
- The Comet Is Coming - Special "Hyperdrive" edition
- The Comet Is Coming - Mercury Music Prize
- AIM Independent Music Awards 2016 nominations
- Jherek Bischoff at the BBC David Bowie Prom
- Independent Label Market, London
- The Comet Is Coming to XOYO
- Jherek Bischoff - Automatism video + Midnight Moment
- Jherek Bischoff - Cistern album stream
- Melt Yourself Down - Another Weapon
- Jherek Bischoff + Amanda Palmer - The Courtyard Theatre, London
- Dearly Beloved...
- Matthew Bourne at The Great Escape
- Melt Yourself Down - Jump The Fire video
- New Jherek Bischoff album Cistern
- The Comet Is Coming to Village Underground
Melt Yourself Down
Last Evenings On Earth
The Comet Is Coming
Channel The Spirits
Melt Yourself Down
Dot To Dot
Subscribe to News as an RSS Feed.