Published 17 November 2011 by BWL
Matthew Bourne's first ever solo studio album, Montauk Variations, will be released on February 6 2012, and you can pre-order it now from our shop. You can exclusively preview three songs from the album here now.
A phenomenal live performer, Bourne brings a breathtaking physicality to the piano that, once witnessed, is hard to forget. Montauk Variations is, by contrast, an album of beautiful, lyrical solo piano compositions, yet still serves as a great introduction to his multifarious talents. This is the first in a series of album projects to be released through a new partnership with Leaf. Future releases under the ‘Matthew Bourne Presents’ banner will include an audio-visual project recorded with his beloved Memorymoog analogue synthesizer, and an album with vocalist Seaming To under the name Billy Moon, which you can expect to hear in the next 18 months or so.
Bourne teams up with London Sinfonietta again this Friday (November 18) for the London Jazz Festival. The project, 'Written/Unwritten', was premiered this summer at London's Kings Place and puts together the differing worlds of improvisation (Bourne) and composition (London Sinfonietta). Lithuanian composer/percussionist Vladimir Tarasov will also appear.
March 2012 will see Bourne head to China as part of a residency programme organised by The British Council and PRS For Music Foundation. Joining Imogen Heap, Jamie Woon and Gareth Bonello, the programme is designed to enable innovative British musicians to explore new musical trerritory, reach new audiences and write new material in the context of an emerging, international market. Click here for more details.
Bourne travels to China early next year as part of a British Council residency and they have produced a brilliant little video from a recent live show:
- Leaf 20 box set and white vinyl reissues
- The Comet Is Coming - Final Eclipse
- The Comet Is Coming in session via Boiler Room
- The Comet Is Coming - Journey Through The Asteroid Belt (LV Remix)
- Melt Yourself Down - new mixtape
- Matthew Bourne - moogmemory plus
- Melt Yourself Down tour
- Matthew Bourne videos
- Jherek Bischoff - Cistern video
- The Comet Is Coming - Special "Hyperdrive" edition
- The Comet Is Coming - Mercury Music Prize
- AIM Independent Music Awards 2016 nominations
- Jherek Bischoff at the BBC David Bowie Prom
- Independent Label Market, London
- The Comet Is Coming to XOYO
The Comet Is Coming
moogmemory plus EP
Melt Yourself Down
Last Evenings On Earth
The Comet Is Coming
Channel The Spirits
Subscribe to News as an RSS Feed.