Published 1 August 2016 by THD
Jherek Bischoff was among the artists who performed in last Friday’s BBC David Bowie Prom at The Royal Albert Hall. The event, which also featured appearances by John Cale, Laura Mvula, Neil Hannon and others, was broadcast on BBC Four, Radio 3 and 6 Music, and is available to watch again on BBC iPlayer.
Jherek arranged four Bowie songs for the performance, including three taken from the Strung Out In Heaven tribute EP he released in February with Amanda Palmer and Anna Calvi. The trio of Palmer, Calvi and Bischoff performed an exceptional interpretation of ‘Blackstar', which can be found just over an hour into the performance. Other highlights included a new arrangement of 'Lady Grinning Soul' with Anna Calvi, and an intimate version of 'Ashes to Ashes' performed by The Blue Nile's Paul Buchanan.
Jherek and Amanda appeared together with a string quartet for a breathtaking warm-up gig at a sold out Courtyard Theatre in Hoxton last Tuesday, which also featured the live debut of their new arrangement of Prince’s 'Purple Rain’. The pair were joined by Palmer's husband Neil Gaiman and performed 'Space Oddity' on Jonathan Ross's BBC Radio 2 show last Thursday, along with an extensive interview about the Bowie Prom.
- Leaf 20 box set and white vinyl reissues
- The Comet Is Coming - Final Eclipse
- The Comet Is Coming in session via Boiler Room
- The Comet Is Coming - Journey Through The Asteroid Belt (LV Remix)
- Melt Yourself Down - new mixtape
- Matthew Bourne - moogmemory plus
- Melt Yourself Down tour
- Matthew Bourne videos
- Jherek Bischoff - Cistern video
- The Comet Is Coming - Special "Hyperdrive" edition
- The Comet Is Coming - Mercury Music Prize
- AIM Independent Music Awards 2016 nominations
- Jherek Bischoff at the BBC David Bowie Prom
- Independent Label Market, London
- The Comet Is Coming to XOYO
The Comet Is Coming
moogmemory plus EP
Melt Yourself Down
Last Evenings On Earth
The Comet Is Coming
Channel The Spirits
Subscribe to News as an RSS Feed.