Published 1 April 2009 by BWL
Essie Jain will make a brief tour of Europe this month. A one-off co-headline show in London with American singer-songwriter Tom Brosseau acts as a warm up for Le Printemps De Bourges festival in France. All dates can be found below.
Essie recently returned from a hugely successful European tour promoting her second album, The Inbetween, which was released late last year. France, in particular, has warmed to her seductive talent.
Essie will perform the London show with a band, featuring husband and musical foil Patrick Glynn (guitar), Jonny Bridgwood (bass) and Howard Monk (drums), while the French shows will be performed as a duo with Patrick. She will return to France in July for another festival appearance, at Les Tombées De La Nuit in Rennes. More dates TBC.
Catch some of Essie's performance in Lyon earlier this year:
Tue 21 Apr: Bush Hall, London, UK
Thu 23 Apr: Le Printemps de Bourges, l'Auditorium, Bourges, FRANCE
Fri 24 Apr: Cabaret Electric, Le Havre, FRANCE
Wed 8 Jul: Les Tombées De La Nuit, Rennes, FRANCE
- Melt Yourself Down - Last Evenings On Earth out today
- Matthew Bourne interview and mixtape
- Melt Yourself Down - BBC 6 Music Lauren Laverne session
- Jherek Bischoff at the BBC Proms
- The Comet Is Coming - Channel The Spirits album stream
- Melt Yourself Down - The God Of You video
- The Comet Is Coming - 'Space Carnival' video
- Matthew Bourne - 'On Rivock Edge' video + moogmemory album stream
- Melt Yourself Down - new album + single
- The Leaf Label inspects the Freakier Zone
- Matthew Bourne + Michael England: moogmemory tour trailer
- The Comet Is Coming - Channel The Spirits
- Strung Out In Heaven
- Light at the end of the tunnel
- Melt Yourself Down - Dot To Dot (DJ Khalab remix)
Melt Yourself Down
Last Evenings On Earth
The Comet Is Coming
Channel The Spirits
Melt Yourself Down
Dot To Dot
Martes + Utopía
Subscribe to News as an RSS Feed.