Published 1 April 2009 by BWL
Essie Jain will make a brief tour of Europe this month. A one-off co-headline show in London with American singer-songwriter Tom Brosseau acts as a warm up for Le Printemps De Bourges festival in France. All dates can be found below.
Essie recently returned from a hugely successful European tour promoting her second album, The Inbetween, which was released late last year. France, in particular, has warmed to her seductive talent.
Essie will perform the London show with a band, featuring husband and musical foil Patrick Glynn (guitar), Jonny Bridgwood (bass) and Howard Monk (drums), while the French shows will be performed as a duo with Patrick. She will return to France in July for another festival appearance, at Les Tombées De La Nuit in Rennes. More dates TBC.
Catch some of Essie's performance in Lyon earlier this year:
Tue 21 Apr: Bush Hall, London, UK
Thu 23 Apr: Le Printemps de Bourges, l'Auditorium, Bourges, FRANCE
Fri 24 Apr: Cabaret Electric, Le Havre, FRANCE
Wed 8 Jul: Les Tombées De La Nuit, Rennes, FRANCE
- The Comet Is Coming
- Radioland: Radio-Activity Revisited
- Polar Bear - MOBO Awards 2015
- Efterklang - Tripper vinyl reissue and Bandcamp
- Julia Kent - new album and video
- A tribute to Susumu Yokota
- Susumu Yokota RIP
- Leaf At Festivals
- Polar Bear and James Holden in London
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums soundtrack Apple Music launch
- Polar Bear nominated for the Jazz FM Awards
- The Leaf Label at The Independent Label Market
- Polar Bear - Same As You album stream
- Polar Bear - new single and album
- New Leaf imprint Bias signs Vessels
Radioland: Radio-Activity Revisited
The Comet Is Coming
My Energy EP
Same As You
Dont Let The Feeling Go
Subscribe to News as an RSS Feed.