Published 11 June 2009 by BWL
To celebrate the release of a brand new live album and film Performing Parades, Efterklang have confirmed a concert on 28 October at the Barbican in which they will perform 2007's Parades'' with The Britten Sinfonia. The orchestra previously teamed up with the Danish collective at this year's fuseleeds09 festival for a highly successful performance.
Core Efterklang members Rasmus Stolberg, Mads Brauer, Casper Clausen and Thomas Husmer will be joined by Efterklang regulars Rune Mølgaard, Peter Broderick, Katinka Fogh Vindelev (Oh Land), Niklas Antonson (Slaraffenland), Frederik Teige & Qarin Wikström.
The show coincides with the release of Performing Parades, limited edition deluxe CD/DVD and LP/DVD packages that feature the band's performance of Parades in their home town of Copenhagen last September, with The Danish National Chamber Orchestra. The 55-minute film is directed by Benjamin Hesselholdt, and is accompanied by an audio CD of the full concert.
"In many ways this release marks the pinnacle of what we have been trying to achieve with our two albums, Tripper and Parades," says the band's Casper Clausen. "It also closes a chapter as we work on taking our music in a new direction."
The DVD will be stuffed full of extras, including a behind the scenes documentary of the preparations for the event, and all the videos made for tracks from Parades, including lead single 'Mirador', which has racked up nigh on a million views on youtube:
- Matthew Bourne - Candela (for Sascha Heeney)
- Record Store Day 2017
- Introducing Snapped Ankles
- The Comet Is Coming tour
- Leaf 20 box set and white vinyl reissues
- The Comet Is Coming - Final Eclipse
- The Comet Is Coming in session via Boiler Room
- The Comet Is Coming - Journey Through The Asteroid Belt (LV Remix)
- Melt Yourself Down - new mixtape
- Matthew Bourne - moogmemory plus
- Melt Yourself Down tour
- Matthew Bourne videos
- Jherek Bischoff - Cistern video
- The Comet Is Coming - Special "Hyperdrive" edition
- The Comet Is Coming - Mercury Music Prize
The Comet Is Coming
Death To The Planet
Candela (For Sascha Heeney)
I Want My Minutes Back
The Comet Is Coming
moogmemory plus EP
Subscribe to News as an RSS Feed.