Published 23 June 2009 by BWL
Wildbirds & Peacedrums were invited to record a session for BBC Radio 3's Late Junction show earlier this year, part of a series of monthly collaborative sessions that has so far taken in Adem + Sweet Billy Pilgrim, Tunng + Tinariwen and AGF + Gudrun Gut, all artists who have not previously worked together.
Mariam Wallentin and Andreas Werliin were asked who they would like to collaborate with, and chose London-based Micachu. Recorded at Maida Vale studios when Wildbirds were in town for the recent drum circle show at London's Coronet Theatre, the five musicians spontaneously reworked two songs by Wildbirds & Peacedrums, one by Micachu, and a cover version of a piece by electronic music pioneer Raymond Scott.
The session will be broadcast this Thursday (25 June). The show runs from 11.15pm to 1.00am BST. You will be able to stream the show for a week from the BBC website using the Listen Again function. You can also find some photos from the session here.
- Melt Yourself Down - Dot To Dot video
- The Comet Is Coming - Prophecy EP
- Melt Yourself Down - Dot To Dot
- Polar Bear - No More Goodbyes
- Roll The Dice score The Last Panthers
- Julia Kent - Asperities out today
- Leaf 20
- The Comet Is Coming
- Radioland: Radio-Activity Revisited
- Polar Bear - MOBO Awards 2015
- Efterklang - Tripper vinyl reissue and Bandcamp
- Julia Kent - new album and video
- A tribute to Susumu Yokota
- Susumu Yokota RIP
- Leaf At Festivals
Melt Yourself Down
Dot To Dot
Martes + Utopía
Radioland: Radio-Activity Revisited
The Comet Is Coming
Subscribe to News as an RSS Feed.