Published 23 June 2009 by BWL
Wildbirds & Peacedrums were invited to record a session for BBC Radio 3's Late Junction show earlier this year, part of a series of monthly collaborative sessions that has so far taken in Adem + Sweet Billy Pilgrim, Tunng + Tinariwen and AGF + Gudrun Gut, all artists who have not previously worked together.
Mariam Wallentin and Andreas Werliin were asked who they would like to collaborate with, and chose London-based Micachu. Recorded at Maida Vale studios when Wildbirds were in town for the recent drum circle show at London's Coronet Theatre, the five musicians spontaneously reworked two songs by Wildbirds & Peacedrums, one by Micachu, and a cover version of a piece by electronic music pioneer Raymond Scott.
The session will be broadcast this Thursday (25 June). The show runs from 11.15pm to 1.00am BST. You will be able to stream the show for a week from the BBC website using the Listen Again function. You can also find some photos from the session here.
- Polar Bear - new single and album
- New Leaf imprint Bias signs Vessels
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums soundtrack Fortitude TV drama
- Radioland: Kraftwerk's Radio-Activity Revisited
- Polar Bear album reissues
- Polar Bear - Mercury Prize, tour & 6 Music mix
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums – Rhythm album stream
- Matthew Bourne at Leeds International Film Festival
- Melt Yourself Down - That's Life mixtape
- Jamie Cullum champions Polar Bear
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums - Keep Some Hope
- Polar Bear with Jin Jin - Cuckoo
- Polar Bear announce special one-off London show in October
- Jherek Bischoff - Kickstarter campaign
- Watch: Polar Bear live video
Same As You
Dont Let The Feeling Go
Held On The Tips Of Fingers
Wildbirds & Peacedrums
Subscribe to News as an RSS Feed.