Published 23 June 2009 by BWL
Wildbirds & Peacedrums were invited to record a session for BBC Radio 3's Late Junction show earlier this year, part of a series of monthly collaborative sessions that has so far taken in Adem + Sweet Billy Pilgrim, Tunng + Tinariwen and AGF + Gudrun Gut, all artists who have not previously worked together.
Mariam Wallentin and Andreas Werliin were asked who they would like to collaborate with, and chose London-based Micachu. Recorded at Maida Vale studios when Wildbirds were in town for the recent drum circle show at London's Coronet Theatre, the five musicians spontaneously reworked two songs by Wildbirds & Peacedrums, one by Micachu, and a cover version of a piece by electronic music pioneer Raymond Scott.
The session will be broadcast this Thursday (25 June). The show runs from 11.15pm to 1.00am BST. You will be able to stream the show for a week from the BBC website using the Listen Again function. You can also find some photos from the session here.
- Matthew Bourne at The Great Escape
- Melt Yourself Down - Jump The Fire video
- New Jherek Bischoff album Cistern
- The Comet Is Coming to Village Underground
- Melt Yourself Down - Last Evenings On Earth out today
- Matthew Bourne interview and mixtape
- Melt Yourself Down - BBC 6 Music Lauren Laverne session
- Jherek Bischoff at the BBC Proms
- The Comet Is Coming - Channel The Spirits album stream
- Melt Yourself Down - The God Of You video
- The Comet Is Coming - 'Space Carnival' video
- Matthew Bourne - 'On Rivock Edge' video + moogmemory album stream
- Melt Yourself Down - new album + single
- The Leaf Label inspects the Freakier Zone
- Matthew Bourne + Michael England: moogmemory tour trailer
Melt Yourself Down
Last Evenings On Earth
The Comet Is Coming
Channel The Spirits
Melt Yourself Down
Dot To Dot
Subscribe to News as an RSS Feed.