Published 23 June 2009 by BWL
Wildbirds & Peacedrums were invited to record a session for BBC Radio 3's Late Junction show earlier this year, part of a series of monthly collaborative sessions that has so far taken in Adem + Sweet Billy Pilgrim, Tunng + Tinariwen and AGF + Gudrun Gut, all artists who have not previously worked together.
Mariam Wallentin and Andreas Werliin were asked who they would like to collaborate with, and chose London-based Micachu. Recorded at Maida Vale studios when Wildbirds were in town for the recent drum circle show at London's Coronet Theatre, the five musicians spontaneously reworked two songs by Wildbirds & Peacedrums, one by Micachu, and a cover version of a piece by electronic music pioneer Raymond Scott.
The session will be broadcast this Thursday (25 June). The show runs from 11.15pm to 1.00am BST. You will be able to stream the show for a week from the BBC website using the Listen Again function. You can also find some photos from the session here.
- Julia Kent - new album and video
- A tribute to Susumu Yokota
- Susumu Yokota RIP
- Leaf At Festivals
- Polar Bear and James Holden in London
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums soundtrack Apple Music launch
- Polar Bear nominated for the Jazz FM Awards
- The Leaf Label at The Independent Label Market
- Polar Bear - Same As You album stream
- Polar Bear - new single and album
- New Leaf imprint Bias signs Vessels
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums soundtrack Fortitude TV drama
- Radioland: Kraftwerk's Radio-Activity Revisited
- Polar Bear album reissues
- Polar Bear - Mercury Prize, tour & 6 Music mix
My Energy EP
Same As You
Dont Let The Feeling Go
Held On The Tips Of Fingers
Subscribe to News as an RSS Feed.