Published 21 May 2010 by BWL
Efterklang's Performing Parades project returns for two very special performances this summer. First up, on June 19, is a performance with Metropole Orkest at the Holland Festival in Amsterdam. On August 11 Efterklang team up with the Swedish Radio Symphony Orchestra for a big open air concert for Stockholms Kulturfestival.
Performing Parades premiered in September 2008 when Efterklang collaborated with The Danish National Chamber Orchestra on a special performance of Efterklang's second album Parades. The album was performed in its entirety at Danish National Radio's new Koncerthuset concert hall. The spectacular performance featuring more than 50 musicians and scenography and costumes by Danish art and design studio Hvass&Hannibal was filmed and recorded. The concert was released as a CD+DVD and 2LP+DVD in October 2009.
In 2009 Efterklang collaborated with the Britten Sinfonia and performed Parades on two occasions in the UK. First at the Fuse Festival in Leeds, and later at a packed Barbican Hall in London in October 2009.
The dates of the new shows are as follows:
Saturday June 19
Muziekgebouw ann’t IJ, Holland Festival, Amsterdam, NL
Performing Parades with Metropole Orkest
Conducted by Vince Mendoza
Wednesday August 11
Stockholms Kulturfestival, SE
Performing Parades with Swedish Radio Symphony Orchestra
Conducted by Paul Hoskins
- Polar Bear - new single and album
- New Leaf imprint Bias signs Vessels
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums soundtrack Fortitude TV drama
- Radioland: Kraftwerk's Radio-Activity Revisited
- Polar Bear album reissues
- Polar Bear - Mercury Prize, tour & 6 Music mix
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums – Rhythm album stream
- Matthew Bourne at Leeds International Film Festival
- Melt Yourself Down - That's Life mixtape
- Jamie Cullum champions Polar Bear
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums - Keep Some Hope
- Polar Bear with Jin Jin - Cuckoo
- Polar Bear announce special one-off London show in October
- Jherek Bischoff - Kickstarter campaign
- Watch: Polar Bear live video
Same As You
Dont Let The Feeling Go
Held On The Tips Of Fingers
Wildbirds & Peacedrums
Subscribe to News as an RSS Feed.