Published 3 May 2012 by BWL
Jherek Bischoff plays the Crossing Brooklyn Ferry festival at BAM in New York tonight, joined by music ensemble yMusic and Deerhoof's Greg Saunier plus some very special guests that we're not allowed to announce. The festival is curated by The National's Bryce and Aaron Dessner (the founders of Jherek's US label, Brassland), and and runs until Saturday with St Vincent, Beirut and The Walkmen also on the bill.
In preparation for the show, New York radio station WNYC ran a series of interviews and sessions with artists appearing at the festival including Jherek, who performs 'The Nest' from forthcoming album Composed (released May 28) with a string quartet and People Get Ready's Jen Goma on vocals.
- Efterklang - Tripper vinyl reissue and Bandcamp
- Julia Kent - new album and video
- A tribute to Susumu Yokota
- Susumu Yokota RIP
- Leaf At Festivals
- Polar Bear and James Holden in London
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums soundtrack Apple Music launch
- Polar Bear nominated for the Jazz FM Awards
- The Leaf Label at The Independent Label Market
- Polar Bear - Same As You album stream
- Polar Bear - new single and album
- New Leaf imprint Bias signs Vessels
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums soundtrack Fortitude TV drama
- Radioland: Kraftwerk's Radio-Activity Revisited
- Polar Bear album reissues
My Energy EP
Same As You
Dont Let The Feeling Go
Held On The Tips Of Fingers
Subscribe to News as an RSS Feed.