Published 9 December 2015 by DM
Matthew Bourne has announced his new solo album moogmemory with ‘Daniziel’, a warm bubblebath of analogue melody. Where Bourne is concerned, it’s probably best to expect the unexpected. For the follow up to 2012’s piano-led Montauk Variations, he has turned his considerable talents to the world of vintage synthesisers. Growing from improvised live performances, these compositions took shape in the studio as Bourne explored and moulded the vast sonic possibilities of voltage-controlled oscillators. The seed for this project was planted when he acquired an uncooperative 1982 Memorymoog, having it painstakingly modified and upgraded. Created without the use of computers or sequencers, moogmemory is the first album to be recorded using only the Lintronics Advanced Memorymoog.
moogmemory comes hot on the heels of the Radioland album, a reinterpretation of Kraftwerk’s Radio-Activity which Bourne created in collaboration with electronic composer Franck Vigroux. You can check that out here.
moogmemory will be released as a CD and limited edition vinyl LP in an intricate embossed sleeve designed by visual artist Michael England. You can pre-order the album now on Bourne’s Bandcamp. You can also download 'Daniziel' for free.England will also be collaborating with Bourne on a UK tour to coincide with the release of moogmemory. More dates, including a very special London show, to be announced in the new year.
- The Comet Is Coming - Start Running
- Matthew Bourne - Candela (for Sascha Heeney)
- Record Store Day 2017
- Introducing Snapped Ankles
- The Comet Is Coming tour
- Leaf 20 box set and white vinyl reissues
- The Comet Is Coming - Final Eclipse
- The Comet Is Coming in session via Boiler Room
- The Comet Is Coming - Journey Through The Asteroid Belt (LV Remix)
- Melt Yourself Down - new mixtape
- Matthew Bourne - moogmemory plus
- Melt Yourself Down tour
- Matthew Bourne videos
- Jherek Bischoff - Cistern video
- The Comet Is Coming - Special "Hyperdrive" edition
The Comet Is Coming
Death To The Planet
Candela (For Sascha Heeney)
I Want My Minutes Back
The Comet Is Coming
moogmemory plus EP
Subscribe to News as an RSS Feed.