Published 3 September 2009 by TM
The release of Efterklang's Performing Parades live album and film on October 19 will mark a joyous but sad farewell to our Danish friends as they move to pastures new. The band have just signed to our old friends at 4AD for the world, and will release their third album proper in 2010.
The band have come on leaps and bounds since their self-released debut EP, Springer, in 2003 (which Leaf subsequently reissued following the release of debut album Tripper), and we wish the band all the best in their future endeavours. If the new songs they've been playing live over the last year are anything to go by, the next album is set to be their best yet. Rasmus, Casper, Mads and Thomas have been a delight to work with, and we will sorely miss their energy, creativity, professionalism and, above all, their music.
You can find the band's own announcement about the new deal here.
Performing Parades will be released as limited edition CD+DVD and 2LP/DVD packages.
The release will be followed on October 28 with their biggest UK show to date, with the Britten Sinfonia at the Barbican in London. More info and tickets here.
- Jherek Bischoff + Amanda Palmer - The Courtyard Theatre, London
- Dearly Beloved...
- Matthew Bourne at The Great Escape
- Melt Yourself Down - Jump The Fire video
- New Jherek Bischoff album Cistern
- The Comet Is Coming to Village Underground
- Melt Yourself Down - Last Evenings On Earth out today
- Matthew Bourne interview and mixtape
- Melt Yourself Down - BBC 6 Music Lauren Laverne session
- Jherek Bischoff at the BBC Proms
- The Comet Is Coming - Channel The Spirits album stream
- Melt Yourself Down - The God Of You video
- The Comet Is Coming - 'Space Carnival' video
- Matthew Bourne - 'On Rivock Edge' video + moogmemory album stream
- Melt Yourself Down - new album + single
Melt Yourself Down
Last Evenings On Earth
The Comet Is Coming
Channel The Spirits
Melt Yourself Down
Dot To Dot
Subscribe to News as an RSS Feed.