Published 3 September 2009 by TM
The release of Efterklang's Performing Parades live album and film on October 19 will mark a joyous but sad farewell to our Danish friends as they move to pastures new. The band have just signed to our old friends at 4AD for the world, and will release their third album proper in 2010.
The band have come on leaps and bounds since their self-released debut EP, Springer, in 2003 (which Leaf subsequently reissued following the release of debut album Tripper), and we wish the band all the best in their future endeavours. If the new songs they've been playing live over the last year are anything to go by, the next album is set to be their best yet. Rasmus, Casper, Mads and Thomas have been a delight to work with, and we will sorely miss their energy, creativity, professionalism and, above all, their music.
You can find the band's own announcement about the new deal here.
Performing Parades will be released as limited edition CD+DVD and 2LP/DVD packages.
The release will be followed on October 28 with their biggest UK show to date, with the Britten Sinfonia at the Barbican in London. More info and tickets here.
- The Comet Is Coming
- Radioland: Radio-Activity Revisited
- Polar Bear - MOBO Awards 2015
- Efterklang - Tripper vinyl reissue and Bandcamp
- Julia Kent - new album and video
- A tribute to Susumu Yokota
- Susumu Yokota RIP
- Leaf At Festivals
- Polar Bear and James Holden in London
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums soundtrack Apple Music launch
- Polar Bear nominated for the Jazz FM Awards
- The Leaf Label at The Independent Label Market
- Polar Bear - Same As You album stream
- Polar Bear - new single and album
- New Leaf imprint Bias signs Vessels
Radioland: Radio-Activity Revisited
The Comet Is Coming
My Energy EP
Same As You
Dont Let The Feeling Go
Subscribe to News as an RSS Feed.