Published 3 September 2009 by TM
The release of Efterklang's Performing Parades live album and film on October 19 will mark a joyous but sad farewell to our Danish friends as they move to pastures new. The band have just signed to our old friends at 4AD for the world, and will release their third album proper in 2010.
The band have come on leaps and bounds since their self-released debut EP, Springer, in 2003 (which Leaf subsequently reissued following the release of debut album Tripper), and we wish the band all the best in their future endeavours. If the new songs they've been playing live over the last year are anything to go by, the next album is set to be their best yet. Rasmus, Casper, Mads and Thomas have been a delight to work with, and we will sorely miss their energy, creativity, professionalism and, above all, their music.
You can find the band's own announcement about the new deal here.
Performing Parades will be released as limited edition CD+DVD and 2LP/DVD packages.
The release will be followed on October 28 with their biggest UK show to date, with the Britten Sinfonia at the Barbican in London. More info and tickets here.
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums soundtrack Apple Music launch
- Polar Bear nominated for the Jazz FM Awards
- The Leaf Label at The Independent Label Market
- Polar Bear - Same As You album stream
- Polar Bear - new single and album
- New Leaf imprint Bias signs Vessels
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums soundtrack Fortitude TV drama
- Radioland: Kraftwerk's Radio-Activity Revisited
- Polar Bear album reissues
- Polar Bear - Mercury Prize, tour & 6 Music mix
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums – Rhythm album stream
- Matthew Bourne at Leeds International Film Festival
- Melt Yourself Down - That's Life mixtape
- Jamie Cullum champions Polar Bear
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums - Keep Some Hope
Same As You
Dont Let The Feeling Go
Held On The Tips Of Fingers
Wildbirds & Peacedrums
Subscribe to News as an RSS Feed.