Published 8 December 2010 by RM
Essie Jain has recorded a bewitching album of lullabies, entitled Until The Light Of Morning, which is the first release on her own label, Light Of Morning. The album will be released in stores in Europe next February, but if you're looking for a last minute Christmas gift for new parents, it can be purchased online now from Essie's new website, along with a range of gift packages including babywear, artwork prints and gift-wrapping.
Essie's first two albums, We Made This Ourselves and The Inbetween, were released by Leaf, but this project is a new beginning for the New York-based singer. Feeling the need to take greater control of her career beyond writing and performing music, Essie set up her own label and publishing company, and has become almost entirely self-sufficient. Initially made available earlier this year as a low-key digital-only release, Essie soon discovered a thirst for a physical item, with friends wanting to purchase multiple copies for gifts.
The album is unusual as far as children's music releases go, in that it's all original material rather than traditional songs or covers of pop hits. We wish Essie every success with it!
You can hear 'What A Big Wide World' and 'Lay Down' here:
Latest tracks by lightofmorning
And here's a beautifully intimate live video of Essie performing 'I'm Not Afraid Of The Dark':
The US Daytrotter site recorded a live session earlier this year, including some music from Until The Light Of Morning. Catch it here:
- The Comet Is Coming
- Radioland: Radio-Activity Revisited
- Polar Bear - MOBO Awards 2015
- Efterklang - Tripper vinyl reissue and Bandcamp
- Julia Kent - new album and video
- A tribute to Susumu Yokota
- Susumu Yokota RIP
- Leaf At Festivals
- Polar Bear and James Holden in London
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums soundtrack Apple Music launch
- Polar Bear nominated for the Jazz FM Awards
- The Leaf Label at The Independent Label Market
- Polar Bear - Same As You album stream
- Polar Bear - new single and album
- New Leaf imprint Bias signs Vessels
Radioland: Radio-Activity Revisited
The Comet Is Coming
My Energy EP
Same As You
Dont Let The Feeling Go
Subscribe to News as an RSS Feed.