Published 14 January 2014 by DM
We’ve just heard news of a concert to celebrate a decade of Efterklang releases and concerts, to take place in the Danish town where they grew up. It comes with the bittersweet revelation that this is the end of Efterklang as we know them, though it seems the group plan to return in the future in a new, as yet undetermined form. Which is a relief.
The show takes places in Sønderborg on February 26th 2014. The band will perform with the Sønderjyllands Symfoniorkester, and the local girls choir, along with Thomas Husmer and Rune Mølgaard from the original 5-piece line-up.
We are proud to have been involved from the start of the Efterklang story, releasing their debut album Tripper in 2004. Endlessly creative, hardworking and professional, they have truly been a joy to work with, and we have been delighted to watch them grow over the last 10 years.
The band’s own statement is here.
The concert promises to be spectacular in the way only Efterklang can do. We wish Casper, Mads and Rasmus all the very best for their future endeavors, and look forward with hope and anticipation to new music from the Efterklang camp.
- The Leaf Label at The Independent Label Market
- Polar Bear - Same As You album stream
- Polar Bear - new single and album
- New Leaf imprint Bias signs Vessels
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums soundtrack Fortitude TV drama
- Radioland: Kraftwerk's Radio-Activity Revisited
- Polar Bear album reissues
- Polar Bear - Mercury Prize, tour & 6 Music mix
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums – Rhythm album stream
- Matthew Bourne at Leeds International Film Festival
- Melt Yourself Down - That's Life mixtape
- Jamie Cullum champions Polar Bear
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums - Keep Some Hope
- Polar Bear with Jin Jin - Cuckoo
- Polar Bear announce special one-off London show in October
Same As You
Dont Let The Feeling Go
Held On The Tips Of Fingers
Wildbirds & Peacedrums
Subscribe to News as an RSS Feed.