Published 10 June 2010 by BWL
Our Danish mutual friends Oh No Ono and Efterklang have joined in musical union by remixing tracks from each other's 2010 albums. Feel the love! Oh No Ono have turned their hands to 'Modern Drift' from Efterklang's Magic Chairs, while Efterklang have reworked 'Icicles' from Eggs. It's a match made in heaven.
To commemorate this intra-national trade, the bands got together in Copenhagen last week and recorded a video (soundtracked by the original versions of the songs). The video was filmed and edited by Kristian Sidelmann and by Andreas Munksgaard, and sees the two bands engaged in that most Danish of activities, cycling (and tricycling) around their hometown, consumating their friendship with a big splash at the end...
For Oh No Ono's remix of 'Modern Drift' go here.
For Efterklang's remix of 'Icicles' go here.
Don't forget that Oh No Ono have just released a 12"/download single of 'Internet Warrior' featuring remixes by Caribou, Phenomenal Handclap Band, The Depreciation Guild, Shlohmo and Zambri. Find out more here.
In other news, we will be reissuing Efterklang's Leaf releases as special double CD editions. Tripper will be partnered with their debut mini-album Springer, while Parades will now include the long out of print Under Giant Trees EP. Each package will also include two bonus live tracks. The original editions of Parades and Tripper have been out of print for a while, so we expect quite a lot of interest in these. We haven't confirmed release dates yet, but you can pre-order them here.
Efterklang are touring all summer, see their dates here.
- Leaf 20 box set and white vinyl reissues
- The Comet Is Coming - Final Eclipse
- The Comet Is Coming in session via Boiler Room
- The Comet Is Coming - Journey Through The Asteroid Belt (LV Remix)
- Melt Yourself Down - new mixtape
- Matthew Bourne - moogmemory plus
- Melt Yourself Down tour
- Matthew Bourne videos
- Jherek Bischoff - Cistern video
- The Comet Is Coming - Special "Hyperdrive" edition
- The Comet Is Coming - Mercury Music Prize
- AIM Independent Music Awards 2016 nominations
- Jherek Bischoff at the BBC David Bowie Prom
- Independent Label Market, London
- The Comet Is Coming to XOYO
The Comet Is Coming
moogmemory plus EP
Melt Yourself Down
Last Evenings On Earth
The Comet Is Coming
Channel The Spirits
Subscribe to News as an RSS Feed.