Published 10 June 2010 by BWL
Our Danish mutual friends Oh No Ono and Efterklang have joined in musical union by remixing tracks from each other's 2010 albums. Feel the love! Oh No Ono have turned their hands to 'Modern Drift' from Efterklang's Magic Chairs, while Efterklang have reworked 'Icicles' from Eggs. It's a match made in heaven.
To commemorate this intra-national trade, the bands got together in Copenhagen last week and recorded a video (soundtracked by the original versions of the songs). The video was filmed and edited by Kristian Sidelmann and by Andreas Munksgaard, and sees the two bands engaged in that most Danish of activities, cycling (and tricycling) around their hometown, consumating their friendship with a big splash at the end...
For Oh No Ono's remix of 'Modern Drift' go here.
For Efterklang's remix of 'Icicles' go here.
Don't forget that Oh No Ono have just released a 12"/download single of 'Internet Warrior' featuring remixes by Caribou, Phenomenal Handclap Band, The Depreciation Guild, Shlohmo and Zambri. Find out more here.
In other news, we will be reissuing Efterklang's Leaf releases as special double CD editions. Tripper will be partnered with their debut mini-album Springer, while Parades will now include the long out of print Under Giant Trees EP. Each package will also include two bonus live tracks. The original editions of Parades and Tripper have been out of print for a while, so we expect quite a lot of interest in these. We haven't confirmed release dates yet, but you can pre-order them here.
Efterklang are touring all summer, see their dates here.
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums soundtrack Fortitude TV drama
- Radioland: Kraftwerk's Radio-Activity Revisited
- Polar Bear album reissues
- Polar Bear - Mercury Prize, tour & 6 Music mix
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums – Rhythm album stream
- Matthew Bourne at Leeds International Film Festival
- Melt Yourself Down - That's Life mixtape
- Jamie Cullum champions Polar Bear
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums - Keep Some Hope
- Polar Bear with Jin Jin - Cuckoo
- Polar Bear announce special one-off London show in October
- Jherek Bischoff - Kickstarter campaign
- Watch: Polar Bear live video
- 20th anniversary vinyl reissues
- Polar Bear - Mercury Music Prize 2014
Held On The Tips Of Fingers
Wildbirds & Peacedrums
Wildbirds & Peacedrums
Keep Some Hope
Cuckoo (with Jin Jin)
Subscribe to News as an RSS Feed.